Friday, July 27, 2012

a farewell to pa and a trip to the aquarium

my timmy is so wonderful.

wednesday was my birthday. i turned 25. this birthday was set to be different from ones past.

last thursday the 19th of july, my beautiful pa (dad’s dad) passed from this life into the next. my nan and one of his daughters were by his side. he had lived a long full life. married for 62 years and in love to the last minute. my pa had severe dementia for the last 8 years of his life. in the last few years, the only person he recognized without doubt was my nan. it would appear that he was completely lost – vacant and then he would see nan and kiss her and call for her. my nan and pa have 62 family members as a result of their 62 years of marriage. love survives all.

his funeral was held on my birthday the 25th of july. the church was full of those who knew and loved him. my dad gave a beautiful eulogy, smiling through tear filled eyes as he spoke of his strong, loving father who, like many of his time, worked two jobs to provide for his family but was still found at every single sporting event of his seven children, cheering them on.

the service was special and the day was beautiful.

i miss my pa. 

timmy knew that my birthday would have a different feeling to a normal birthday and so he made sure that the day was still special for me. roo started off the special day by only waking once in the night and waking up at 8am! while I was still sleeping timmy went to our favourite bakery and came home surprising me with a breakfast of chocolate macarons, chocolate and raspberry tart, chocolate truffles, a massive lamington and the biggest chocolate meringue you have ever seen (beef bourguignon pies were being kept warn in the oven as well). after feeding roo while munching on delicious chocolate treats in bed, I came out to find a smorgasbord of magazines and a beautiful birthday message on our chalkboard wall.

my family brought presents and beautiful cards from the littles. i was spoilt.

yesterday we went into the city. first stop was the mca (museum of contemporary art) my favourite gallery. we saw some aboriginal woven hutches for babies, to protect them from the elements, amazing drawings, prints and installations. roo loved the bright coloured works on the wall – I have a feeling this boy will grow loving that place. next stop was some incredible sushi in darling harbour. we ate ourselves through $65 worth of $3.50 plates (do the maths and that’s a lot of sushi for two). then to the guylian café for a chocolate praline mousse gold thing that was delicious but completely over-priced. then ummed and ahhed our way to the aquarium, which also seemed over-priced but ended up being completely worth it. amazing to stare at all those incredibly diverse beautiful creatures and marvel at their creation. next stop a bit of maccas and a feed for the roo.  then on home we went (via a shop to pick up his and hers vans).  

i must admit doing all those things with a baby wasn’t the easiest thing ive ever done but it sure wasn’t too hard either. roo smiled his way through the day only really losing it when the over-tiredness hit at the start of the aquarium and then again at maccas but, both times he was quickly soothed once he was in our arms and all was well again.

timmy made both my real birthday and the day after, ones i will cherish for the rest of forever. i just want to be with him. when i am, i’m the happiest. it’s as simple as that.

timmy and roo – the best boys in the whole world. my heart is full.

thank you timmy for making me so happy, everyday. every single day.

he is the flippin' cutest baby ever! he's killin' me!



























18 comments:

  1. so glad you had a beautiful day with your pa. i love the pic of just you in front of the harbor. now all i want is a ridiculous amount of sushi and some mcdonald's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i meant for you pa, of course, not with :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations to the new sweet addition to your family and also a very happy belated birthday! glad that timmy and roo could make your day extra special :)
    my condolences to you and your family. you can tell how much your grandad meant to you by reading the lovely words you wrote.

    best wishes!

    leyla.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for the loss of your pa Kesh - it must have been such a difficult day for you all. Happy birthday as well, it looks like you three had a lovely little adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Kesh!
    What precious photos x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry for your loss Kesh….
    62 family members from 62 years of marriage. That is just amazing. And even more amazing to read of your Nan and Pa's love for each other.
    Happy belated birthday to you.
    Ronnie xo
    p.s. Stunning photos of your precious family of 3!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear about your Pa. He sounds like a wonderful man who lived an amazing life, I'm sure you will all have lots of stories to tell Roo about him when he is older.

    I hope your birthday was lovely, it seems like you got perfectly spoiled and had a really special day out. Doing things with a baby is tricky but I find now that I love having an extra person to join our adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful pictures of you all Kesh. Roo is such a cutie - that cheeky grin is hard to resist! Looks like you had an awesome day. What wonderful boys indeed.

    And, again, we're so sorry about your Pa and hope your family are doing ok. The words about your Nan and Pa's life together are so sweet and inspiring; that's what true love it all about.

    Much love xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. My Nan and Pa are both battling cancer and while I dread the day they go, i know both have really lived life.

    it sounds like your Pa did the same.

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. My Nan and Pa are both battling cancer and while I dread the day they go, i know both have really lived life.

    it sounds like your Pa did the same.

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kesh, your family have had such a difficult July now with your Pa's passing too. I'm so sorry you've had to go through these things, but those beautiful baby eyes looking up from his feed says it all. You are both very blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kesh!
    I read this post on the train and scrolled through the pictures on my phone with its cracked screen, and it was still a wonderful experience. I love your words and these pictures are so beautiful and and and I just love you so much.
    P.S Roo is such a massive cutie with his wide smile! oh man!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty Kesh, you three look gorgeous (as usual!) in every single picture.
    (So sorry about your Pa, hope you all are doing ok)

    Happy to see you again on the blog!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am very sorry to hear about your Pa, he sounds like a very special man, 62 years is pretty amazing!!
    You are beautiful Kesh, I love these photographs. I think your boys are pretty awesome too. Roo is divine! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Sydney Aquarium is such a special place. I love your blog, the photos are great and you guys have such a magical spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  16. All these photos are amazing, I don´t know which one I like the best

    ReplyDelete
  17. you two are so inspiring. beautiful photos. you are such a stunner, too kesh. love motherhood on you. makes me so excited to be a mum!

    ReplyDelete